Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Collection of Griecos

Over the last year while I was totally dropping the GIK ball, I would catch pieces of movies, read descriptions on the Guide, and see previews that made me think of Grieco and how I needed to get back to it. Of course, I failed. However, before Grieco and I ride off into the sunset, I want you to know about some of these pictures, so that you may see them and tell others of their Glory.

Voyage of the Unicorn
Beau Bridges stumbles around looking utterly bewildered in this mind-blowing made-for-TV LOTR-Potter-Land of the Lost attempt. Even the simplest line is spoken with pure wonderment, like when Beau and family gaze upon a plastic bluish rock and say, “amaaaazing.” Oh, and it’s four hours long. (3 ½-Griecos)

Left Behind 3: World at War
I’m guessing it’s the greatest installment of the greatest GIK series of all time. Lou Gossit, Jr. joins the cast as the President of the United States, Kirk Cameron is still rocking it as GNN correspondent Buck Williams, and the world is totally at war with the Antichrist, Nickolai Carpathia. I will miss you most of all Left Behind movies. (4-Griecos)

Atomic Twister
Amazing title. Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Deputy Jake Hannah. A must-see. (3 ½-Griecos)

All Things Sci-Fi
Don’t think for a second that the Sci-Fi Channel has stopped turning out gems just because GIK stopped covering them. I caught a preview for Ogre the other night while I was watching a bold modern-day Pterodactyl piece. Preview and movie both awesome. (3 ½-Griecos all around.)

I am Legend
OK, this film goes way beyond Grieco, but I have to talk about it. BTS was fired up about it over Christmas, and he told me I had to see it. I wasn’t sold on the idea, but the lovely Sherpa and I finally got around to checking it out at the dollar-movie last week. BTS was totally right. I loved it. Bold as shit. Had dreams about it for three straight nights.

The pictures are out there, people. Keep the dream alive!

Oh Grieeeeco…I’m dy---ing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sad inside...