Friday, January 13, 2006

Comments

Here are the comments for both portions of the "worst performances" list. As they are all dead on, I would like to share them with you. Thanks for the response, and I will keep adding any that come my way.

Sherpa said...
We ah to be meh-weed when I wetuhn." It's true, I know too much of this script to be considered normal. Though Keanu (and Winona, for that matter) ruins any chance of this movie being good, it is Gary Oldman's performance as a sexy Prince Vlad that has made me obsessed with this film since 11th grade. "It is no laughing MATTER! WE Draculs have a right to be proud! What devil or witch was ever so great as Atilla, whose blood FLOWS in these veins?!" I have the video, the DVD, the soundtrack, and the script. I am...a dork.

Your friend,
D

kev said...
I offer an additional contender: Worst Performance By An Alien/Human Hybrid: Shelley Duvall in The Shining. I just wasn't buying into Madame Wet Noodle Arms waving that knife so unconvincingly... Kev


How dare you, GIK... How dare you take an innocent blog used seemingly for good, and then twist it into something so hurtful. I speak, of course, of your needless assailing of Andrea Barber, otherwise known as Kimmy Gibler on Full House. She may not have her own clothing line or coke habit like the Olsen twins, but at least Ms. Barber could hold her own against the comedy stylings of Dave Coulier. Let this serve as your warning, GIK, lest you be tempted to cross the line in the future.
Kev
President and Founder,Andrea Barber Fan Club

the ghost of gene siskel said...
Glad you mentioned perennial horror Andie MacD. Amazingly, she also somehow managed not to ruin Groundhog Day. Yes, it's Murray at the top of his game, but that's more dead weight than any one man should humanly be able to pull. And that includes Magnus ver Magnusson.As for Academy- and Cyrus Dewey-Award winner Cuba Gooding, I've honestly blocked most of Radio out, but I'd be willing to sit through it again for the chance to post my thoughts in this august forum. But you're paying the rental fee, #5.

No comments: