Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Where Have all the Griecos Gone?

Have you noticed that these hit films today lack that certain Grieco-esque charm of the movies that were popular when we were kids? I mean, where is the flipping of office supplies that Michael J. Fox pioneered in Secret of My Success? Where is the badass car race between some dude and a ghost that Charlie Sheen took on in The Wraith? And where, my friends, are the 32 year-olds playing high school students who get drwan into some sort of internatational intrigue and end up defeating a band of vaguely European super villains like Grieco did in If Looks Could Kill? I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old for these modern pictures. I mean, in my day if you had sex in a horror film, you got killed. Now, you got tramps flashin' their stuff around with no consequenses. Dogs and Cats living together. It's mass hysteria.

No comments: