Monday, September 10, 2007

BTS Coins Phrase, Reviews Halloween

BTS has returned from a viewing of the new Halloween and has posted a comment on the picture, my review, and "WTEG." Here is BTS' take on the situation (CTC, where is yours, sir? Where is yours?):

I just saw Halloween. First let me say that I really like Zombie's other films. The Devil's Rejects is pretty much as over the top as you can go. He has a nice clear mission of taking the genre (which is not really horror) to another level. The fact that he chose to take on a masterpiece like Halloween proves that he may be a fucking idiot. Like I said, horror is not his genre. He makes white-trash-exploitation gore (WTEG). To use this treatment on the Halloween concept is patently abhorrent. It's the worst. This is a class-less, crappy and worthless piece of cinema. Basically like if Grindhouse were a remake of Wild Strawberries or something (wait, that might be a really good idea...).

I hated this film so much that I really really wanted to leave the whole time. However, my viewpoint is a good bit different from MC's. I found no evidence of Zombie's skill here, and I thought the nods to the original series were a little insulting. Also, the only tolerable thing about the film was McDowell's performance. I love that man. And what else is he going to do with what Zombie gave him than play Polonius??!! All in all, whatever. This movie should be burned and forgotten forever.


No comments: