Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Has Anybody Seen This Movie?

I need help. I have this movie running through my mind, but I’m not sure if it’s real or if it came to me in a dream. Reese Witherspoon, playing a plucky young go-getter who harbors a sharp and witty intellect beneath her cute-as-a-button exterior, must bake and sell cookies in order to raise enough money to save the local orphanage. She quickly encounters problems when those big-business types on Merchants' Row scowl at her blind idealism and matching sweater sets. Meanwhile, Reese’s sister, played by either Julia Stiles or a mannequin, is a clairvoyant who foresees that the only way she’ll ever be truly happy is if she pulls off one last heist. Soon, Reese and her sister realize that their destinies are intrinsically linked, so they team up with a rag-tag group of ne’er-do-wells including a cocksure, dimwitted explosives expert (Owen Wilson); a slightly overweight novelist/driving instructor (Paul Giamatti); and Mos Def. Together, the group robs a bank, saves the orphanage, and brings balance to the Force only to realize that they’ve been dead all along and that the quasi-Elizabethan village they thought they lived in is actually just a suburb of Philadelphia.

I’m going away for Thanksgiving and I hope to have all of this sorted out before I get back on Monday, but if anyone knows the title I would love to hear it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dreamed this...though it would make an amazing film. But go with the mannequin instead of Julia Stiles--better acting and less moon face.

Anonymous said...

Vampire Submarine

Anonymous said...

I never saw that movie but my cousin did and he gives it three griecos.