Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Grieco is the Word, the Word that You Heard

Here is a list of some words and phrases that have appeared or will most likely appear on GIK at some point. I have taken the liberty of translating them from Grieco into the common tongue. I plan on updating the list regularly, so if you have any terms you would like to add please let me know.

Grieco: Short for Richard Grieco, Grand Pooh-Bah of bad movies. Grieco starred in "21 Jumpstreet" and followed it with the misunderstood spin-off, "Booker." After the brilliant but underappreciated If Looks Could Kill, Grieco went on to perform in such hits as Die, Die, Die and The Apostate. Can also be used in the same way as “Smurf.”

Example: Dude, did you see that Grieco last night? Totally, f’in Grieco.

Take a Turn for the Costner: The moment at which a film becomes incredibly boring.

Example: Man, The English Patient really took a turn for the Costner after the opening credits.

Pull a Shyamalan: To add a twist to a film that, for all intents and purposes, renders the rest of the film obsolete. Can also be used to describe real-life situations.

Example 1: That nonsense was forgivable in The Sixth Sense, but when he pulled a Shyamalan in The Village I wanted to feast upon the flesh of that all is good and holy.

Example 2: Anne Heche really pulled a Shyamalan when she married that guy…and she speaks a made up alien language.

LDP: Lou Diamond Phillips. Some (myself) have dubbed him the Latin Grieco. Star of such greats as Young Guns, Young Guns II: Gun Harder, La Bamba, and The First Power. Has now been forced to chase poorly computer-generated bats in the cleverly titled Bats, take a bit role on pal Kiefer Sutherland’s "24," and star in stuff made for the Sci-Fi channel. Still, he’s doing better than me and Casey Siemaszko, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to trash the guy who delivered the “sacred hoop” monologue.

Dako Fa-Fa: Short for Dakota Fanning, the wide-eyed sprite who will surely destroy us all.

Chicago: A cold, desolate place where all is pain and despair. Also home to the Cubs, greatest team on Earth. This is their year. I got a good feeling. Don’t ask me why, but I do. This is it. For real. Damn Marlins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit am I glad $pencer gave me this link. Put me on your dedicated fans list. You crack me up, Mike.