Monday, February 27, 2006

Fjarskanistan Hemipode Skakka Blaskjar

I saw Sigur Ros last night. It was an awesome show. I mean it was so good I felt some DXM from three years ago kicking back in. If they are coming to a concert hall near you, you should definitely check them out. However, I am here today to talk about the opening act, Amina. These four lovely ladies of the North, these Icelandic faerie folk, these sweet daughters of the Frost played the saw, glasses of water, the glockenspiel, violin, cello, the vibes, the Apple computer, the Casio, and some small stringed instrument I had never seen before. They did it all, and it was all beautiful. After they finished their set, they played on almost all of Sigur Ros’s tunes. Give them a listen if you haven’t heard them. http://www.aminamusik.com/.

I promise I’ll get back to Grieco tomorrow. I’m actually planning on spending the rest of the day trying to figure out if Katie Holmes or Mandy Moore makes a better President’s daughter. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: