Tuesday, August 07, 2007

An Apology to Capser

Readers of GIK know that I have not been kind to Capser Van Dien over the past two years. Although his films such as The Omega Code and Starship Troopers rank among my favorites, I take some delight in mocking his strong jaw, clenched teeth, and unwavering hair. Perhaps it is mere jealousy that causes me to do so. For if I were Casper, I would, indeed, be taller. My Napoleon Complex aside, Casper does bring some of all this upon himself with many of his acting choices. However, the other day I derided him for not being as famous as thought he would be, suggesting that he was an ego maniac and utterly deluded. Well, last night, the lovely Sherpa and I watched Sleepy Hollow (A perfect movie for us; Goth enough for her, not too over-the-Goth for me.) and we checked out the special features. In all of his interviews, Casper is just so jazzed to be a part of it. Early on in shooting, he got hit with a sword, and his finger was broken and blackened, but he showed some heart and kept going. And although he doesn't necessarily seem like the smartest kid in the class, he does seem like he's really trying hard up there, and I have to respect that. Not like that punk Chad Michael Haircut who clearly couldn't give a shit as to what set he's on as long as there is tail to chase. Anyway, I would like to tell Casper I'm sorry for judging him so harshly. Will his films continue to appear on GIK? I am sure almost every movie he makes is destined for this site. But that doesn't mean he's a bum. Casper, you may have honor sir, and I applaud you for it. Good luck to you and your many, many children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too, have an all new respect for Capsper. Plus, he's got a son named Cappy. Seriously.