Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why Do You Hate Krull?

The results from the best ‘80s fantasy vote are in. Here’s how it broke down:

Labyrinth: 2

Neverending Story: 2

Dark Crystal: 1

Flashdance: 1 write-in vote

Bruce Boxleitner's Snakehead Terror: 1 write-in vote

Legend (Both Versions): 0

Krull: 0

(Note: I did catch some abuse for leaving out The Last Unicorn.)

I have to admit, I’m a little surprised. Not by Krull’s performance. I mean I realize that the Glave doesn’t hold sway over all men’s souls as it does over mine. I’m not even surprised by Flashdance, because I know for that particular voter that movie is truly the ultimate ‘80s fantasy. I’m surprised that The Dark Crystal didn’t perform better. I honestly thought it would win this thing, but I suppose the power of the luck dragon and of Bowie’s package were just too much.

I would like to thank BTS for introducing Ice Pirates into the discussion. It’s a bold piece that I must revisit as an adult. I also would like to encourage any new readers to GIK to feel free to vote on the nonsense I put up here. I promise we’re all very nice.

Now, for the big news; you all know that I’ve been plagued by the fact that Karate Dog simply hasn’t been available on Netflix. Well, last night it was on ABC family, and you know I taped it. Look for an in depth review sometime this week. In the mean time, I encourage you to revisit the plot to get truly prepared.

I hope everyone had a good long weekend, and I hope you’re ready for some serious effing Grieco this week.

No comments: